Many of my recipes are made easier with the use of a good food processor. Cheap food processors work well enough for a while but then mysteriously fail!
So if you are in the market for a new food processor here are a few tips:
- Invest in a well known brand. They are likely to last longer, replacement parts are normally readily available, and they will have a guarantee.
- Spend as much as you can comfortably afford to pay. A food processor is one item where quality shows.
- Buy one that has more features then you think that you will ever need. That stirry thing fitting that you have no idea what it is will come in useful one day!
- Buy new. There is always a reason that someone is selling a used food processor, and that reason is normally due to it being close to failure.
That being said, here is the one that I personally use.
This Tefal food processor is a brilliant concept, having two motor outputs to ensure optimal performance as a food processor and blender.
Designed with seven pre-programmed keys on the digital panel, I use five of them regularly, and auto-adjust speed for fantastic results.
– 1000w processor with 3l chopping bowl and 2l blender jug
– Dishwasher-safe attachments
– In-bowl disc storage
– Integrated cord
– Easy lock lid
And in my opinion, unless you jump up and down on it, it is almost indestructible!